Since I’m on my 3rd pregnancy, I decided to do a post all the things I absolutely adore about being pregnant. For those of you who hate being pregnant – there will most definitely be a future post on the things I loathe. For those of you who have never been pregnant, only read this post….wait…scratch that, read the one about the things I hate so you’re prepared because in the end it’s still worth it.
Things I love about pregnancy…
- You can sleep whenever you want and it’s okay because you are growing another human being
- Who cares if you go up a pant size, you’re pregnant and you can worry about that later
- Your “girls” become ginormous. Okay, well maybe not ginormous until you nurse, but ladies my “girls” finally look like they used to pre-babies except up a size! Hells-to-the-yeah! Hello boobies!
- When you go out to eat and eat a tad too much, nobody even notices because your belly is already out whoop-whoop!
- You can have a freak-out moment and no one even questions it because you’re pregnant!
- Crying is on the agenda almost every day – especially during stupid commercials. Don’t even get me started on the one where the Dad is talking to his toddler in the car about being safe and then she’s really a teenager. Awe!!
- You can be bi-polar and not have to be on medication for it. You totally have a free pass for being crazy. Hello, my name is psycho. I’m pregnant, what’s your excuse?
- You are allowed to use “pregnancy brain” whenever you forget something, because most of the time it’s totally the case. We just won’t tell our hubsters when it’s not – right ladies?? Can I just add that this whole ‘pregnancy-brain’ thing is because you actually lose some brain cells while pregnant because your body works so hard – it’s true – or at least I think it is.
My all time favorite part of pregnancy: Feeling that little baby move inside my tummy!
My 14 & 15 week update
(I’m 15 weeks today)
I’m feeling pretty good besides the exhaustion – I sleep about 10 hours at night and try to get a 1-2 hr nap in during the day.
My heartburn is still out of control. I’m taking at least 1 Zantac a day to keep it contained.
I don’t have many cravings except eating eggs for breakfast every morning. Seriously, you would think eggs would be the LAST thing a pregnant woman would want but it’s the only thing that doesn’t keep me sick in the morning.
My belly is quite larger than the last 2 go-arounds. I guess that’s what happens when your body knows what to do.
I felt the baby move from the outside of my belly the other night. It was awesome.
I can’t wait to find out what this little one is – we have a few names picked out but haven’t settled.
If it’s a girl it will most likely be: Abigail Lynn
Abigail – because it means “my father’s joy” and the hubs LOVES it
Lynn – this is my middle name
If it’s a boy we have no idea. I’m really stuck on the name: Jude. The hubs likes it but we just aren’t sure.
I guess we have a while to decide.
Anyway, that’s it for now!
What are your favorite parts of pregnancy? Or what do you most look forward when being pregnant?